This week was transfers! We got the moves call on Tuesday night and told us that Elder Cecil would be moving and I would be staying. That was a little unexpected; that means I'll be here in Bangna for at least four transfers (six months)! And with three separate companions too. But there are things I've got to do here, so it's good.
What was more surprising was hearing that I would be training again! So my new companion is Elder Brown from Orem, Utah. He's been in Thailand for under a week, and seems like a great guy. I'm excited to work with him.
With all the packing, meetings, and necessary procedures for a new missionary, we've been pretty tight on time this week.
One awesome thing that happened was when I was considering how to help our investigators, Sister Goolaab. She's already Christian and is interested in the idea of the restored gospel. But also has a ton of questions and concerns. It's been a little frustrating; I've kind of felt like we can't fit it all in and that things aren't really clicking for her. Then the thought came that we should ask a certain member to help us teach who used to be Protestant. That made a lot of sense; I don't know why I didn't do that earlier. But the lesson went very well, and there were a couple points where we just sat there and watched them teach each other. The Spirit was present and the members smoothed everything over for her.
Another significant point was when the member bore her testimony about why she changed. She said that at the beginning she didn't really understand the difference, didn't really understand why the elders wanted her to change; why it was necessary to change. She said that the point where things changed for her was when she started really living it. When she did that, she said that she really saw blessings from her actions and recognized that these things were right. What a great example of experimenting upon the word and seeing the results that God promised he would fulfill.
That's about all I've got time for this week!
Elder Parish
1. I met my friend Brother Tan from Bangkhae at transfers!
2. Elder Brown and his new bike. Also he has a pillow strapped to his chest so we could bike it home.
3. My posterity!
4. Our friends by the English room wanted to take a picture as a keepsake. The woman in orange calls herself "mae" or "mom," because she's taken it upon herself to be our mother while we're in Thailand away from ours. She loves us and cried when Elder Cecil had to leave. She's a very sweet woman.
5-7. We got to go paintballing last P-day. It was awesome.



No comments:
Post a Comment