Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 94: Big Guns and Missionary Work

Week 94...that means that I've got 10 weeks left. Whew.

This week was pretty standard. Training's been fun; working with Elder Brown is a blast. It's caused me to reflect back on when I was a greenie like ten years ago. I've learned a lot of things since then, things I don't really think about or notice any more but are things that I've learned.

Things were pretty standard this week. Except I felt like we had an unusual amount of cancelled appointments. We always have a handful of those, but maybe this week we had a couple handfulls. It's ok though, we just keep keeping on.

We've got several investigators right now who are kind of on a tipping point, tipping towards rejection of the message or embracing it. A lot of them are leaning to the former, which is a little sad. But we'll keep doing the best we can to teach the best that we can but ultimately leave it up to them.

I'm excited about Sister Ong, that woman I mentioned in Week 91. She's doing well and accepted a date for baptism. I've been impressed by the joy she takes in the message that we have to share. This is a message of hope and joy. She enjoys having us over, which is nice.

I've gained a greater appreciation for time management. I feel like I see a lot of squandered time and potential here (but somehow no one is ever free to meet...odd, huh?). We've got to be so careful to ensure that we're using our time for things of worth.

That's all I've got this week, thanks for all your support!
Elder Parish

1. I forgot to mention last week that Elder Cheney is being transferred up to the country of Laos! Laos has been open to missionary work for about 2 years now, but doesn't have a ton of missionaries. So it's way cool that he'll be going there. He'll have to learn Laos instead of Thai and also they can't proselyte there (so they teach English all the time to meet new people), so that'll be a new experience for him.

2. A seaman's living quarters on a retired battleship. A grade below missionary housing.

3. A large gun on a retired battleship.

No comments:

Post a Comment