Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 89: Highest Authority

I'm a little short on time today.

This week...

We got a couple new investigators that might be going places. One that I'm most excited about is Brother Sampan who came to English last week and also expressed interest in learning about Jesus Christ. He's intelligent, committed, genuinely interested, and has a family. Woohoo!

We also met with Sister Lek, who was really tough to meet with these past couple weeks. She was stuck on something that was keeping her from progressing, and we weren't sure what. We decided to go over some basics with her, and I gained a greater appreciation for our message. We claim that there is a God, and that we are His children. We believe that Jesus Christ is His son. We believe that Jesus Christ taught that we need to be baptized. We asked if she believed these things, and she said that she did. So now she has a date for next month, and I feel like she can make it.

In this part of the world where idol worship is the culture, I've become appreciative of our claim to a higher authority and our knowledge of our divine nature. Yes, Buddha taught good things and your life will probably be better following his teachings than nothing. But we're here to share about the teachings of a being greater than he--the greatest being there is. We've been stressing that point, worshiping the highest being recently and have seen good things come from it.

Dang, I'm really out of time. Next week!

Elder Parish

1. A recent lesson down by the English room. A bunch of people came to read the scriptures together, as well as one member. So cool.

2. We stumbled upon a wat with a ton of padawan monks in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment