Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Week 92: Bowfight, Lasers, and Finding Faith in Christ

Pretty good week. I don't have a lot of time today because of an awesome P-day we have planned.

This week is the week of transfers! I've been here in Bangna for three transfers now, so usually that means I'll be heading out this time. But nothing is ever certain, so we'll see what happens.

This week was pretty good. I got sick again (three times now, here in Bangna. I don't know what it is), but I've been pushing through it. We got to meet with some decent investigators and help them progress.

One thing that I would like to share was our lesson with Sister Lek. It's been pretty tough to meet with her recently with her job and her husband to worry about. But we were able to meet this week.
The day we were going to teach her, I gave some thought to what we were going to teach her; how we were going to make the lesson suited to her needs and help her feel the spirit and help resolve her concerns. I sat and thought about it for 20 minutes and was coming up blank. I feel like we've thrown doctrine at her a lot of times, and still seem to have the same problems. After a good amount of time piecing things out to myself and reaching no conclusions, it came to me to ask for help. That made sense, so I said a quick prayer asking for discernment to understand what she needed. Almost immediately, I had the thought that we should show her the video Finding Faith in Christ. That also made a lot of sense; I realized that we've taught a lot about what Christ taught and about how those teachings are relevant to her. We've taught a lot about His restored church and about prophets and about the scriptures. But we hadn't taught much about who Christ actually was and what Christ actually did. And here we are teaching a Buddhist woman who is accustomed to worshiping something that she can see right in front of her, and we're asking her to stop and worship something she doesn't even know. It was so bright and clear that that is what she needed.

So we went to her house that evening with our little DVD player, a boss member, and the spirit. We sat down and watched it together, and it was perfect. The Spirit was strong and witnessed of the grace and divinity of Jesus Christ. She's still got obstacles, but I'm more confident in her foundational testimony of Jesus Christ. She currently has a date for September 11, so we'll see how it goes.
This was a good experience for me on many fronts; on the power of the Spirit, on revelation, on bearing testimony. Don't forget the power that is in Christ!

That's all I have time for this week!

Elder Parish

1-2: A couple P-days ago we played Bowfight. It's dodgeball but with bows and foam arrows. Way fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment