I can't think of much to report on this week...
We came home from one meeting to find that Elder Cecil's bike had been stolen. That was frustrating. But there isn't much we can do other than just get a new one. We ended up having to borrow one of the bikes that we fixed up by the English room, which entailed having two elders on one bike at one point which was exciting.
This week I took comfort in the fact that wicked people often wouldn't listen to prophets or even Jesus Christ Himself. It's an incredible gift we've been given, this gift of agency. But it's sometimes sad to see what people do with it.
I'm also impressed by the degree that the gospel can make in people's lives. It really is the "manner of happiness" that we read about in the scriptures.
That's all I've got this week!
Elder Parish
1. This was in a large book on missionary work in the mission office. I thought it was funny.
2. Elder Cecil inviting some people.
3. I knew the girl on the left back in junior high. She was very quite and shy. It turns out that she was that way because her English wasn't her native language; she moved to America when she was 10. It was awesome-and surprising-to see her now as a missionary in Thailand (she is also not quiet and shy when she's speaking Thai). Cool.



No comments:
Post a Comment