Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 24

This week was great. It started off touring a wat with some RCs for my birthday, which was fun. And then thew threw a surprise party at the church, which was fun.

I've learned something on the power of attitude. My first couple transfers, I had an attitude of "This is hard, but I knew it was going to be hard, so I'll just keep pushing on until success finds me." My current attitude is one of "This is hard, but I'm going to go out and find success anyways." I've found that because I expect success, I'm finding it. Elder Taylor and I got 7 new investigators from last week, and I feel good about many of them. It turns out the field was white, and I wasn't harvesting. I wanted to, but I wasn't reaping with my might.

I'm repeatedly struck here by the difference the gospel makes in people's lives. Many people we invite have many apparent vices that have a visible effect on their countenance and appearance, vices that can be healed through Christ. Members at church used to be those people, and there are apparent differences.

We had a lesson a while back with an RC who got back into smoking. He was asking us why his life was so terrible, and why he was sad all the time. We did our best to address his concerns, and to help him quit. He's been making progress, and in our last lesson with him, he volunteered to say the opening prayer. In it, he thanked God for the happiness in his life, and the scriptures, and the people who help him. 2 Nehpi 5:27: "And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness." This is it.

I'm glad to be here and to have the opportunity to share this with the people in Thailand, and I know the Gospel of Christ will help them, regardless of their current situation in life.

Thank you all for you support!

Elder Parish

1. The RCs drew this for me for my party.
2. The Zone Leaders (we live in the same house) made me a birthday card





This wat is really tall, and allegedly has an awesome view. Unfortunately, it's under renovation and we couldn't climb it.








No comments:

Post a Comment