Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Week 26: God's prepared and more weird fruit

As is the trend with missionary work, this week had some big ups and some big downs.

Some downs:
We've 4 had investigators with a baptismal date leave the province/country for a time and can't teach them. Another two have stagnated as they face Law of Chastity issues. Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way that leads to eternal life.

Some ups:
While contacting, a man heard us asking others if they knew they could wash their sins. He approached us, and took the inviting card (a picture of baptism with some information on the back) out of our hands. We got his number and met him the next day. He is very solid and has a lot of faith. He'd been praying for a long time to know what path he should take, and he said that the day we met him was the day he was about to decide that God didn't exist and the things he did in life didn't matter. He's got a date for next week.

We visited an LA family and helped them teach a friend of theirs in their home. We all sat on the tile floor and shared the message of the Restoration in their small home way out from the city. The spirit was very strong, especially when the less-active member helped us teach points of the lesson and bore his own testimony. People remember their conversion, and the truth resonates. Everything felt right, like that's exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

A couple times this week, I was fatigued from sitting down and teaching, rather than from walking around while inviting in scorching heat and rejection (inviting is hard, but maybe not as bad as the previous sentence makes it seem).

Awesome pictures from last P-day.

Someone I invited asked if I was a ลูกครื่ง (translates to half-child, or someone that is half Thai, half another nationality), because I spoke Thai so well. That's kind of neat. Most white people that come to Thailand can't speak Thai, and knowing Thai doesn't have a whole lot of use in the business world, so many Thai people that we meet are astounded that young white guys like us can speak even a little bit of Thai. It's fun, because when they're impressed, they'll tell you so, which is nice to hear.

So far, our district has 9 baptisms out of our goal for 16. We'll have to push hard, but I think we'll make it.

Thank you all,
Elder Parish

1. A weird fruit
2. The inside of a weird fruit


1. A slice of durian. Durian is infamous for its unpleasant odor. In general, Thai people love it and ferangs hate it. It wasn't too bad.
2. We went to a crocodile farm/zoo. I got to walk underneath this elephant.


The crocodile show.



More crocodiles.



He wouldn't take the picture until I help up two fingers 'cause Asia. We had to pay 200 baht (about $6.50), so that was definitely worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment