Sunday, May 1, 2016

Week 75: Bangna

I was transferred! I'm in Bankok, in a city called Bangna. There are so many people here, it's crazy! I feel like I've been out in the boonies for the past 11 months, and it's a little overwhelming to be right in the middle of so much action again.

My companion is Elder Young from Ohio. He's been in Thailand for two transfers, so he just got out of training. He's a good guy and is doing pretty well with the language.

Banga seems pretty put-together; with about 80 people at church and members with callings. Except the church is under construction, so we go to church about 40 minutes away in Sinakharin. Also we have to find another place to rent to teach English and investigators. So I'll be doing that again.

The area so far doesn't have much going on, but I suspect we'll be able to make stuff happen. We did find two new investigators in the three days since I've been here, which is great.

That's about all to report on. Until next week!

Elder Parish

1-2: Urbanization in the four months that I was in San Sai. There was also a building that was built in the time that I was there, but I forgot to take a picture.


1. There's a dish called "กระเพรา" all over Thailand. Except I learned that it's actually spelled "กะเพรา;" it's just spelled wrong all over Thailand. Everywhere. That'd be the equivalent of finding out that "hamburger" is actually spelled "hambuger." Crazy!

2. Elder Cheney and I learning how to make Thai food at the restaurant we go to often.

1. A box of orange juice. Haha.

2. My new apartment is really small and has 4 elders living in it. So somebody made a triple bunk bed that I sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment