Golf didn't come to church last week, so we have to move his date. He still wants to be baptized, but he's got some things to overcome first. We met him at his house and taught the Plan of Salvation. We're pretty sure he was drunk though, and I'm not sure how much he retained.
I was impressed with Joe, a 12 year old RC this week. He's been in and out of less-activity, and I kind of felt like he got baptized just because his older sister did. He tags along with her when she comes to activities, but I felt that he didn't really have a core of faith or desire, and his understanding was poor. We've been trying to push him to grow and stretch, but didn't feel like we were going anywhere. Well, last Wednesday at Book of Mormon reading class, he shared a verse and his feelings about it all by himself. I thought that was awesome. After that, he helped us teach Sister Ding Doi. While we were teaching, he noticed that the verse he'd shared before was relevant, so he opened it up and shared again. He was way excited, and told me that "today was awesome!" as we left the church. I think he's really starting to understand and apply these things he's learning at church, really starting to feel the joy that comes from the gospel.
The best part, was yesterday he told us that there was a kid at school who was watching pornography. Joe approached him and straight up told him that being involved in pornography would make him feel bad about himself and not be happy. I was so happy to hear it! He's learning it! He's living it! Having grown up surrounded by church members and the teachings of Christ, I don't know if I appreciated what a strength this gospel really is. Habits like that put Joe on a track of progression that will put him ahead of many of his peers.
Yesterday at church there were seven faces I didn't know. One member brought a family/friend unit of four people, and another member brought another friend. Also there was an LA I haven't met before. Not quite the turnout we were hoping for, but still pleasing. We'll keep working though; we tried to set up a vision for the members and to have reached a goal by the end of the transfer.
Elder Parish
1-2: Another wat.
No comments:
Post a Comment