This week I was sick. I've had a cough and congestion, but nothing too bad. I also had to remove another ingrown toenail (number...6? somewhere around there). Then I woke up this morning and threw up the food we ate at a member's house last night. But hey, it's in the job description.
As far as the work goes, Sister Ding Doi will be baptized this week. We hadn't been able to meet consistently the past couple weeks, and usually that's a death sentence for investigators. We met with her shortly before the Halloween party, and she's still way good. While we reviewed the baptismal interview questions, a sweet spirit came into the room as she bore her simple testimony. She talked about how she was searching for something, and felt something special about church since she started coming in the beginning. She expressed a desire to let everyone all over learn the things she's learned. It's so rewarding to see this seed that I helped plant grow and develop and become a strength to her. She is so ready. It was really good to see, because I get frustrated sometimes with how few people make it to baptism. But so sweet is the joy of those that do.
Oo-ee still has a lot of desire to learn and know. It's great to teach her. Except she got a job yesterday. I've not certain, but I feel like work schedules are less merciful here in Thailand. People work crazy long, inconsistent shifts, and often can't seem to find any free time anywhere. They can't request time off or change shifts. I'm hoping this doesn't spell the end for her, and we'll keep working.
I haven't seen Oo-wun, Glaa, or Mae again. I'm not giving up on them yet though.
Brother Um, the investigator, is a bit hard to meet with, but always feels something special when he comes. It's really neat to see the undeniable joy that comes when people open their heart and try to follow God. It his closing prayer, he thanked God for the opportunity to come, and said that he wanted to keep coming.
Elder Parish
1-2: We went to a site next to the Cambodian border called Paa Dang, or Red Cliff.
2. A funny bathroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment