Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 51: Baptism!


Well, transfers is coming this week. This past transfer has gone by way fast. Usually I have a pretty good idea of how transfers will turn out, but I really don't know about this one. I've been in Buriram for two transfers now, and I could stay for another or I could move. I don't have a guess, but we should get the call later today or tomorrow.

Ding Doi was baptized! It was awesome. Somehow, virtually all of our other investigators have slowly dropped since then. Oo-ee's mom forbade her from getting baptized and she is going back to her home city in Korat. I set up another appointment with Mae, but she didn't show up. Um is doing police training or something and is uncontactable for two the next two months. Oo-an wasn't able to meet with us this week but did come to church. So, this past week was largely a building week for the upcoming future. We did meet with a little success though:

While biking home at the end of the day, we passed a group of shirtless young adults drinking in front of their house. They hollered to us, so we went and talked to them. They were way drunk, but I invited them and got the number of one who had been to a Christian church before. We called the next day, and to my surprise he answered. We were able to meet and teach him, and I'm excited to see him again.

That's about it for this week. Join us next time for "Week 52: Dragons and Pandora's Sunglasses"

Elder Parish
The service and some members (schedules were such that we did it on a Monday, and this isn't everyone). 


1. A Thai kid playing with a puppy in the middle of the street.

2. A big nasty spider.

1. The member helping us teach drew the Plan of Salvation. Way prettier than elders ever draw it.

2. Just an elephant walking the streets of Buriram.

No comments:

Post a Comment