Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 104: It's Over!

​Well, here it is. The last weekly as a missionary in Thailand. It's been a wild ride, these past couple of years. Very strange to think that the day has finally come. I'm an odd mixture of emotions: sadness to be leaving Thailand and finishing my mission, acute joy to be leaving Thailand and finishing my mission, excitement and anxiety about the strange new world ahead of me; all sorts of things.

I'm not sure where to start...

This week was a good one, and we saw a few new investigators with promise (somehow that always seems to happen right before I leave an area...).

One of the highlights for me this past week was a companion exchange with the district leader who is a convert of about three years. It was really neat to hear his journey from totally passive towards religion, to a recognition of a hole in his life, to finding the restored gospel and now serving as a missionary in Thailand. It's just true.

I've had a lot of experiences out here, and have shared many of them through my weekly emails. A scripture comes to mind (Helaman 5:50):
50 And it came to pass that they did go forth, and did minister unto the people, declaring throughout all the regions round about all the things which they had heard and seen, insomuch that the more part of the Lamanites were convinced of them, because of the greatness of the evidences which they had received.
I hope that in the past two years that the "evidences" I've had the opportunity to experience and share have helped each of you to become more convinced of the truth of the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I've seen it change people's lives and I know that it is the way that we can each experience the greatest happiness, safety, and peace in this life.

Now I plan to follow the example of Alma set forth in Alma 8:1:
1 And now it came to pass that Alma returned from the land of Gideon, after having taught the people of Gideon many things which cannot be written, having established the order of the church, according as he had before done in the land of Zarahemla, yea, he returned to his own house at Zarahemla to rest himself from the labors which he had performed.
Haha, nah, there's a lot to do ahead of me. But I do plan to sleep for at least 3 days straight.

Last of all, I would like to thank everyone for their support of me while I've been out here, and I want to give a final testimony of the divinity and power of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

See you soon!
Elder Parish

Picture highlights from serving in the Thailand Bangkok Mission.



No comments:

Post a Comment