I forgot to mention something cool that happened last week: I was sitting in the sacrament room and saw a familiar face walk into the room. I just couldn't remember exactly where I'd seen her before. She saw me and came and addressed me by name and asked how I was doing. She introduced herself and I remembered: she is Sister Doom; someone that Elder Taylor and I met contacting back in my greenie area. I helped teach her a couple times before being transferred, but she still remembered me. She's been a member for over a year, has been to the temple in Hong Kong, and was in Bangna this Sunday to get her Patriarchal blessing. That was way cool to see.
A few weeks ago while stopping on the side of the road to buy a couple coconuts, we met Sister Piim. She approached us and we invited her and got her phone number. We tried to meet with her, but she was never free until this Sunday she was able to go to church! She had a great experience and was in no hurry to leave, so we got to teach a first lesson as well. She told us that a couple years ago two elders knocked on her car window and invited her mom to learn about Jesus Christ. Her mom hurriedly declined and rolled up the window. But Piim was impressed, so when she saw two elders again, she came and talked to us and wanted to know what we were about. We taught her and she was very interested in what we had to say. It was neat to see the joy she had at church and from learning the gospel, and was a testimony to me of the joy that is there and available to everyone who will open their heart to it. I think she'll go places.
Another testimony was that of Brother Gwang and Sister Oi; some investigators we've been working with for a while now. This past week we got to meet with them, and Brother Gwang told us that he's going to be Catholic because that's what he was familiar with when he was younger. Try as we might, we couldn't change his mind. So that was sad, but they both shared that they were impressed with the feeling that they had at church, the love and support that was there. He said that going to the Catholic church was a totally different story, but that's what he wants to do, I guess.
Alright, that's all I've got this week. 'Until next time!
Elder Parish
1. Why is there a chicken foot in my food?

2. Smooking is prohibited here.

3. This knock-off Lego set will give you infinite pleasure.

4. Our English room flooded and we had to clear it out.

5. Elder Young catching a flight back to Chiang Mai.
No comments:
Post a Comment