This week was a bit crazy due to transfers, but had some good things happen. The most significant was Brother Jane getting baptized! I don't remember if I ever gave his history: The day I was leaving Chiang Mai, a lot of members went to the station to send us off. One of them was an RC with her boyfriend. We talked a bit and it turned out that he lived in Bangna, right where I was going! So I wrote down his phone number so we could meet him when I got to Bangna.
It's been awesome to teach him; he's very humble and receptive and found a lot of fulfillment in learning about the teachings of Jesus Christ, and has pretty steadily progressed over the past transfer. When he interviewed on Saturday, he told us that he felt like he'd received something new and precious. But not received like he'd physically been handed an object, he said it was something that had come to his heart. That was so great to hear, and gave me confidence that he had taken the teachings to his heart and was sincere about his decision to be baptized.
That's all I've got time for this week!
Elder Parish
1. Brother Jane's baptism. He brought a friend too!
2. Crying repentance to Thailand.
No comments:
Post a Comment