Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 62

This week we had a lot of missionary business outside of proselyting. With district meeting, coordination meeting, zone training, additional training on working with members, and a world-wide missionary broadcast from the apostles, there was a lot to get done.

Ok, I mentioned Chaad's family. Elder Day and I were biking through a neighborhood that we hadn't been to before (a higher-class neighborhood), checking it out and inviting people we saw. One man was hanging up drapes in his front door, so I stopped and asked if he knew about Jesus Christ. He said that his two kids were going to a Christian school. We had a short conversation, his wife poked her head out the doorway and contributed as well. I asked if we could come back another day and meet with them, and they said we could go Sunday. That was awesome. Since then, we've taught two discussions. The first lesson, we challenged them to baptism, and they didn't seem too excited, but were happy to have us over. At the end of the Restoration lesson last time, we challenged them to be baptized on the 21st of February. He paused and considered it, debating his feelings. There was a delicate, special atmosphere in the room. After a time, he nodded and accepted the date. I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost who carried my words further than I could. We also gave them a church tour, which they said they felt really good about. I'm excited for them.

Sister Nong is about 40 and has a 13 year old son. We've had a couple good discussions with them, and I can see her progressing well. We didn't know it at the time, but we invited her late one evening while she was burying a dog. That would be a unique way to begin her conversion story.

Josh was fairly uncommitted from the start, and hasn't been keeping commitments. We sat and read the scriptures with him last time because he hadn't done it, and I don't think that he wants to meet anymore. Ah well.

On two separate ocasions we ran into angry white men who wanted to fight with us. They were very foul and offensive, and we just walked away. I was taken off-guard by their attacks; we found their behavior quite childish. We also met some Jehova's Witness missionaries who were nice. They gave us a pamphlet about their beliefs that made me grateful for living prophets and the completeness of the Restored gospel.

That's all I got this week. Thank you all for all you do!
Elder Parish

1. We went to the Queen's Botanical Garden. This is a grove of banana trees.

2. A skywalk bridge.

1. Lily pads.

2. Wouldn't this be awesome to have in the backyard? 

1. Planting rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment