Friday, December 25, 2015

Week 57: Real quick

There were some problems with email, so I'm on late and have little time. Just a short update today:

I have been transferred to Chiang Mai, in the northern part of Thailand. It's a beautiful part of the country, and is therefore a very popular tourist spot. It's also the coveted gem of the mission; many people want to serve here due to the cooler weather and good work. There are two separate branches that meet in the same building, one from the north part of the city and one from the south. And the elders house is less than one minute away, which is way convenient. Except for my companionship. We're opening up a new area about 10 km above the main part of the city, and it takes about 40 minutes to bike back to the church. The vision is to work better with the members up there, and eventually get a church closer to the members to facilitate further growth.

My companion is Elder Day, from Utah. He's been in country for two transfers, and is a way nice guy. I'm excited to work with him.

Until next week! (which will be Friday the 1st)

Elder Parish

1. "Dang" is a Thai word that means "red." Romanization gone bad (that happens a lot). Haha.

 2. I found out it was my companion's birthday on Saturday night, too late to do anything about it. But then I remembered I had a cake mix I'd picked up a few transfers ago. So, I grabbed some eggs off of another elder and microwaved a couple of cakes. Then I lit some candles with the stove, and we were able to eat cake for his birthday Sunday night. It was an awesome surprise!


1. Ward Christmas party.

 2. We went caroling to LAs.

A member got some floating lanterns for Christmas, which apparently aren't against the law up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment