This week is transfers. We haven't gotten the moves call yet, but after 4 months in Buriram, I think it's safe to say that I'll be heading out. Where to next?
We were able to meet with a couple new investigators that we contacted earlier. They were both kind of unstable though, and I don't know if they'll be able to progress.
In district meeting last week we talked about the topic of gratitude, and how it can unlock God's influence in the work. It was a good discussion, and something I want to improve. I came across a neat story in the Liahona a while back where a woman was facing some really big problems and prayed for relief. Nothing seemed to change, and her prayers got more desperate. After some time of soliciting help and not seeing results, she decided to begin saying prayers exclusively expressing gratitude. She talked about how it was really tough at first, but over time her whole attitude changed. She found that expressing gratitude led to increased humility and therefore greater faith, which led to the miracles she was seeking. I thought that was an awesome insight.
Our referral plan didn't pan out on the scope that we had hoped, but we did find a few more investigators than we wouldn't have otherwise. And they're more dependable investigators; ones that give it more heed than our street contacts seem to.
Thank you all for your support and prayers!
Elder Parish
1-2: We got to Stake Conference in this vehicle with the members (about a 2 hour drive). It was awesome.
1- I invited Ghandi to church!
No comments:
Post a Comment