We've been visiting a less-active member, Brapai. She's a really nice old lady who I think just forgets that she needs to go to church every week. Her neice moved in recently, and we met her while visiting. She's become an investigator, a really good investigator. Very prepared and ready to receive the gospel. I'm looking forward to teaching her more.
Here's a story about two Anns: Investigator Ann is the one with a sixth sense. She was a very good investigator and things were going vey well. Then she abruptly stopped answering my phone calls. I called every day for about a week, hoping that she just didn't have time to answer. Then I gave up. On Saturday while making phone calls (I've come to find that half of misionary work is done on the phone), I decided to give her one last call before losing hope entirely. She answered! We had a short talk, and she said that she had this problem and didn't want to trouble us with it, and it's made it hard to her investigating the church. I tried to help a bit, and challenged her to read (she said she was still praying. Yeah!) every day. It was a small action, but I think an important step.
I've been trying to meet with less-active Ann, but so far only been able to talk over the phone. A couple weeks ago, we made a lot of progress, and I was excited that maybe her heart was softening. And then she stopped answering my phone calls. I called her once again yesterday with no success. Then while we were street contacting, she called back! She told me she could see me, and I looked around and saw her. What are the odds?! (Just kidding. I believe it was something more than chance). So, we walked over and had a small talk before she had to leave. Once again, a small but an important step.
La-ong never went to church like she said she would. And since then it's been really hard to get a hold of her. I finally got her to agree to let us visit her on Sunday. I called to confirm yesterday, and she said she would call us in the evening. Which mean that we would call her in the evening. So, I did, and she started flaking out again. I told her we'd only take 15 or so minutes and finally she allowed us to go. Last time we went, a member took us, but that member was in Bangkok for a meeting. After a bit of a struggle to get to her house, we were able to meet with her. She was very touched that we biked all the way out there and we had another good lesson. She said she feels bad about things she's been doing and feels unworthy about going to church. So, we talked about how we're all in need of help and church is where we get it. She looked much less weighed down after we left, and commited to being to church and reading and praying.
จบ
Elder Parish
I'm also not really sure what's going on here.
No comments:
Post a Comment