Chaad and Naht...they've been tough to meet with since we taught the Word of Wisdom. Their behavior had been that of people who are avoiding us and want to stop meeting. We managed to set up one more appointment, expecting it to be the last. They told us that the homework we gave them was really hard, and they didn't think they could do it. They've legitimately had a lot going on the past couple weeks, and it's just been hard to make time for us. But, they let us know that they love learning about the gospel, and want to continue (I was worried that they just felt obligated to meet with us at this point, but they assured us that that was not the case). I was surprised, because I was not expecting that response. I've very glad for the focus that we've placed on faith; they really feel it and want more. They've just got a couple habits to change, and they'll make it. It was also neat; they told us that they always feel good about the things that we share, even when we're telling them that they need to change. The also told us that they used to go to the wat every week, but since we started meeting with them, they haven't been at all. We didn't even tell them not too; they just haven't done it.
We taught one of our investigators the Plan of Salvation. I like what that does for investigators; it really establishes a vision, a reason to be sincere about the things we're teaching. Except this guy didn't want to go to the Celestial kingdom; the sun looked too hot. We chuckled and explained that it wouldn't bee too hot, and he would have the most happiness there. He still wasn't interested, opting for the stars instead. Well...
Hope you all are doing well! Next week.
Elder Parish
1. If ever you get lonely, just remember that Jesus others you.
2. Mango season!
4.I'm not sure what "vegetable technology" entails.
No comments:
Post a Comment