Some stuff from the past week:
Two weeks ago, we contacted two young (twins) men and a young woman and invited them to learn about baptism and Christianity. They seemed pretty interested, so we got their number and left. 5 minutes later they chased us down and asked some more questions. That was a good sign. Then they called us last week and told us they were at the church. We were way excited, but other activities made it so we couldn't meet with them. They did it again last Tuesday, and we were able to meet with them. We sat down and answered some questions, which led to the Restoration. They loved it. They're all really smart, and excited to learn. After the lesson, they asked if we could teach more later in the day. We made sure they were really up to it, and set up another appointment for later in the day. Then they stayed and learned English. They're prepared to learn the gospel, and I'm very excited for them.
The 14-year-old girl at English (Cake. Thai people all have nicknames that are used more frequently than their real names, and sometimes they're kind of weird.) is still learning. She's doing pretty well.
There was a walk-in at church last Sunday. We taught her this week, and she wants to be Christian. I think we'll let the other elders teach her from now on though because they don't have many investigators right now.
I came across this scripture a while ago in 2 Nephi 27:14;
14 And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil—
15 And for this cause have I been lifted up; therefore, according to the power of the Father I will draw all men unto me, that they may be judged according to their works.
Pretty much every person that we talk to in this 97% Buddhist country has heard of Christ and how He died on the cross. It's struck me. The very manner of Christ's death draws people unto him, which is part of the fulfillment of this prophecy.
Next week is transfers. I won't be able to report where I am until Monday the week after next.
Elder Parish
1. Ayuttaya has really cool clouds.
No comments:
Post a Comment